Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Diploma in Information Management

Hello everyone! Today I would like to give a glimpse on what my course is all about .

I know, 90% of you didn't know the existence of this course. You must be like "information say whattt ?" or anything like that. I know, I was like that too when I was offered this course. I was shocked because I have no idea what this course is all about.

So I made some research, asked some people here and there.. And most of them said I'll ended up working at library. I was astonished by that because no I don't wanna work at a library.

Now that I'm moving in to the 3rd semester, I can say that, based on what I've learned from the past 2 semester was how to handle records, who are responsible for this job, what are we going to do with it, what agencies are related in handling records, communication, libraries, etc. Yeah these kinda things.

My course involves a lot of reading, understanding and remembering. No mathematics involved at all. Even if there's number, its either the date or the call number/isbn for books. Hahaha. BUT, its quiet tough though, because its a whole lot of things to be done, to memorize. You think its easy? Studying is never easy, regardless any course.

And I've found out that my job opportunity is endless (in shaa Allah). If you can tell me which job that doesn't require any records maintenance or anything involving records, that's the place I can't get a job. Can think of one? Hahh.

Many people underestimate me for taking this course. Belittle me, thinking their course is way better than mine, saying nowadays its hard to get a job at office and other negative stuffs. Let me say something. So what if you're taking a course that's much harder/way better than mine? I was offered this course, so I just grab it, although this wasn't my first option. Rather than not furthering my studies, right?

And yeah, saying it'll be hard for me to get a job and such. Excuse me? Are you GOD to decide if I'll get a job or not? So you think your course can guarantee you 100% to get a job ? You should read the newspaper darling. There's a freakin lot of fresh graduates that are jobless. Getting a job or not is in God's hand, and we'll have to find it ourselves.

So I guess that's all for now. Any inquiries regarding this topic, you can ask me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment